REPO MAN SOUNDTRACK TRIBUTE
Tracklist & Release Date Confirmed
Those Darlins, Polar Bear Club, Amanda Palmer, New York Rivals, Black Francis, The Tellers, Mike Watt, The Suicide Dolls, Matthew Sweet, Moses Coltrane, and Weekend cover tracks!
American Laundromat Records (ALR) had a blast working on a tribute to one of their favorite flicks of all time – the 1984 cult classic "Repo Man" written & directed by Alex Cox, and starring Harry Dean Stanton and Emilio Estevez. The original soundtrack celebrated the southern California punk movement of the late 70’s/early 80’s with bands Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, The Plugz, and Iggy Pop. ALR recruited an outstanding group of artists to cover these now-classic punk tracks. Worldwide release date is September 18th.
1. Repo Man – Those Darlins (3:22)
2. TV Party – Polar Bear Club (3:31)
3. Institutionalized – Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra (4:32)
4. Coup d’Etat – New York Rivals (2:53)
5. El Clavo Y La Cruz – Black Francis & Spanish for Hitchhiking (3:54)
6. Pablo Picasso – The Tellers (2:43)
7. Let’s Have A War – Mike Watt & The Secondmen (2:32)
8. When The Shit Hits The Fan – The Suicide Dolls (4:10)
9. Hombre Secreto (Secret Agent Man) – Matthew Sweet (1:44)
10. Bad Man – Moses Coltrane (4:59)
11. Reel Ten – Weekend (3:55)
American Laundromat Records is now offering two exclusive limited-edition pre-order bundles from their website at www.ALR-Music.com. Bundle 1 (CD, T-Shirt, 2 Promo Pins & Little Trees’ Air Freshener) is $26.00 and only available until July 31st. Bundle 2 (CD, Promo Pin, & Little Trees’ Air Freshener) is $12.00. As a bonus to pre-order customers, both bundles will ship on September 1st so that pre-order customers enjoy first-listen. The 6-panel CD Eco-Wallet features original illustrations by revered rock-poster designer Lonny Unitus (Melvins, Decemberists, Willie Nelson), includes full production/player credits, and some great elements inspired from the original film.
ABOUT AMERICAN LAUNDROMAT RECORDS
American Laundromat Records is an independent record label based in Mystic, CT. Founded in April 2004 as a hobby by music enthusiast Joe Spadaro, the label is best known for producing critically-acclaimed tributes to seminal bands The Smiths, The Cure and The Pixies, and popular charity compilations Sing Me To Sleep – Indie Lullabies, and Cinnamon Girl – Women Artists Cover Neil Young for Charity. In the works for 2013 is a tribute to The Replacements, and Cinnamon Girl “2”, a follow up to the popular Neil Young charity compilation.