JAMES WILLIAMSON ON RADIO-TONIGHT-AND IN NEW VIVE LE ROCK!
READ OUR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH JAMES WILLIAMSON IN THE NEW VIVE LE ROCK-AND LISTEN TO HIS EXCLUSIVE TRACK ON THE COVER CD!
THE STOOGES’ GUITAR LEGEND JAMES WILLIAMSON WILL BE FEATURED ON NPR’S WORLD CAFE WITH DAVID DYE TODAY! CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE LIVE BROADCAST AT 2PM EDT VIA WXPN IN PHILLY!
WILLIAMSON’S NEW SOLO ALBUM "RE-LICKED" OUT THIS WEDNESDAY ON VINYL, CD & DIGITAL!
RE-LICKED TRACK LISTING W/ RESPECTIVE VOCALISTS
01. Head On The Curve (w/ Jello Biafra)
02. Open Up And Bleed (w/ Carolyn Wonderland)
03. Scene Of The Crime (w/ Bobby Gillespie from
04. She Creatures Of The Hollywood Hills (w/ Ariel Pink)
05. Til The End Of The Night (w/ Alison Mosshart from
The Kills, Dead Weather)
06. I Gotta Right (w/ Lisa Kekaula from The BellRays)
07. Pinpoint Eyes (w/ Joe Cardamone from
The Icarus Line)
08. Wild Love (w/ Mark Lanegan & Alison Mosshart)
09. Rubber Leg (w/ Ron Young from Little Caesar)
10. I’m Sick Of You (w/ Mario Cuomo from The Orwells)
11. Gimme Some Skin (w/ Caroline Wonderland)
12. C*ck In My Pocket (w/ Nicke Andersson from
13. Heavy Liquid (w/ Lisa Kekaula)
14. Wet My Bed (w/ The Richmond Sluts)
15. C**k In My Pocket (w/ Gary Floyd from The Dicks)
16. Rubber Leg (w/ J.G. Thirlwell aka Clint Ruin, Foetus)
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO WATCH JAMES’ VIDEO TEASER FOR RE-LICKED "MAKING OF" DOCUMENTARY:
HERE’S WHAT PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SAYING ABOUT RE-LICKED:
"An avalanche of raw riffs… and Williamson playing white-knuckled leads like he absolutely refuses to let the Stooges’ music go gentle into that good night." – PREMIER GUITAR
“Unsurprisingly brilliant.” – NME
"’I Gotta Right,’ the second single from Re-Licked, is a manic, guitar-blazing rocker featuring belter Lisa Kekaula of The Bellrays." – USA TODAY
“James Williamson’s aggressive guitar style may be the most influential in punk.” – NPR’s WORLD CAFE
"… hard-charging, fast-paced punk" – EXCLAIM!
"… a karmic correction" – Author/journalist HARVEY KUBERNIK
“James Williamson is on a mission. Revitalized after a reunion with The Stooges and further stoked by interest in his career he has been working hard on keeping The Stooges beating heart alive. Iggy may be having a break from this thing called rock and roll but James is having none of it. The results… a new album of re-recorded songs from the catalogue of Iggy Pop and James Williamson. Songs that never made it into the studio, some known from live shows, some not. Re-Licked is kicking itself out of the garage with an intent to seek and destroy all naysayers, and along for the ride are some very special guest stars.” – ARTROCKER
“… gruff and propulsive” – CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND
“Properly recorded and no longer mired in sub-bootleg mire, the songs do indeed shine through.” – BUCKETFULL OF BRAINS
“James Williamson closes the loop of The Stooges’ past legend in the best possible way.” – ROCK ON MAGAZINE / SPAIN
“Thankfully, there isn’t a single note on Re-Licked that was phoned in. Every person involved in this momentous release clearly grasped the importance of the work being presented…. gearing up to be the Album of the Year.” – music critic JOEL GAUSTON
“…the ‘Great Lost Stooges’ album of 1974.” – OUT MAGAZINE
“Re-Licked has enough energy, fine playing and (deep breath) convincing vocals to present as something unique in the canon of Stooge-inspired music. Get it.” – I-94 BAR