In celebration of the release of ‘Live At Leeds’, The Who have released a new video for the track ‘Tattoo’.
Created by award-winning director Chris Boyle, who has produced work for the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Google and Warp films.
Roger Daltrey explains:
“This is a great lesser known Townshend song and the animated film captures Pete’s ability to create a complete story in 3 minutes. Although Pete has created Rock Operas such as ‘Tommy’ and ‘Quadrophenia’, which have translated into movies, many of Pete’s songs could be a movie in themselves.”
The ‘Live At Leeds’ box-set which features in full what is seen by many as the best live show of all time, contains:
• Two CDs containing the full Leeds show from 14 February 1970 recorded for the album including the complete performance of Tommy
• For the first time ever - two CDs containing the Who’s complete performance from Hull
• A heavyweight vinyl reproduction of the original six-track album as it was released in 1970
• A new 64-page hard-back, colour book containing rare photos, memorabilia from the original release (replica contracts, letters, poster gig list, photos etc.) and liner notes detailing the history of this landmark album.
• A replica 7” single – ‘Summertime Blues / Heaven & Hell’ with colour sleeve.
• A classic Pete Townshend poster
• Housed in a hard-back box with cover artwork reproducing the original black stamped vinyl first UK pressing which, according to the July 2010 edition of Record Collector magazine, is now valued at approximately £250 in mint condition.