Dapper London songwriter BRANDY ROW has a new video and he’s unveiling it exclusively with Vive Le Rock!
The single ‘Do Or Die’ has just been released on NFT Records and it’s available now on vinyl and download through his website.
Fast-rising punk-blues duo J.D. HANGOVER have a new video which they’re premiering exclusively with Vive Le Rock!
Fusing Delta bottleneck blues with Farfisa-rockin’ garage groove and Suicide-style propulsive beats, ‘Mr Williamson’ is the second track to be released from their debut self-titled mini-album, which is set for release through Annibale Records (Shivas, Dead Coast etc) on 17 November.
J.D. Hangover comprises Stiv Cantarelli and Roberto Villa of Italian blues-punk legends STIV CANTARELLI & THE SILENT STRANGERS, whose last album Banks Of The Lea – recorded at East End garage-lab Gizzard Studios with sometime Membranes and Monkey Island guitarist Pete Bennett producing – was released to great acclaim in 2014, including a 9/10 review in Vive Le Rock!
This time around, the pair have ensconced themselves in Villa’s L’Amor Mio Non Muore analogue studio in the town of Forli, laying down the six tracks to the beat of a 1972 Roland TR-77 drum machine.
Having only recently played their first dates, opening for ALEJANDRO ESCOVEDO, the duo are next scheduled to support BOSS HOG when they hit Italy next month. They’re currently planning UK gigs and festivals for 2018.
J.D. Hangover is available to pre-order now on CD, cassette and download here.
Japanese garage trio THE ROUTES are about to unleash their sixth album and are sharing a track exclusively with Vive Le Rock!
‘Dysphoria’ is taken from Dirty Needles And Pins, the band’s second album this year, following on from In This Perfect Hell. The enigmatic trio don’t give much away about themselves, other than that Chris Jack plays all the instruments apart from the drums, which are provided by Jonathan Hillhouse.
Dirty Needles And Pins is set for release through Greenway Records on 17 November and is available to pre-order here.
Legendary Aussie punks THE SCIENTISTS have returned with their first new recordings in 30 years!
The band, fronted by guitarist and singer Kim Salmon, have reformed sporadically and in various permutations since splitting in 1987. They last hooked up in 2016 to celebrate the release of their box set anthology A Place Called Bad, dropping into London to play a scorching set at the Lexington.
This latest incarnation finds Salmon, guitarist Tony Thewlis and bassist Boris Sujdovic reconnecting with drummer Leanne Chock from their classic Weird Love and later Sedition periods. The fruits of the reunion are a Scientists-style overhaul of French 60s legend Jacques Dutronc’s ‘Mini Mini Mini’ coupled with the first ever officially released studio version of Scientists rarity ‘Perpetual Motion’.
The band celebrate the release with a series of Australian dates starting next week.
Both tracks are available to stream and download here.
The full line-up has been announced for next year’s Undercover Festival, which returns to Dreamland in Margate on Friday 13 and Saturday 14 April.
As previously announced, THE BLOCKHEADS will headline the Friday night, while SHAM 69 will top the bill on the Saturday.
Other acts lined up for the first night include EDDIE & THE HOT RODS, RODDY RADIATION & THE SKABILLY REBELS, SONIC BOOM SIX, XSLF, SEX PISTOLS EXPERIENCE, WITCHDOKTORS, CHURCH OF EON, KING PUNCH, SKACIETY, THE COMMITTED, HAZARD and RUSS CRIMEWAVE.
Joining Jimmy Pursey and co on Saturday night are CHELSEA, PETER & THE TEST TUBE BABIES, KIRK BRANDON, MENACE, CRISIS, BIG BOY TOMATO, EAST TOWN PIRATES, PUSSYCAT & THE DIRTY JOHNSONS,
THE WARRIORS, ANDY BLADE, NUFFIN, NO LIP, RED (RELIGION EQUALS DECAY), RAGE DC, THE FANZINES, SURGERY WITHOUT RESEARCH, STONE HEROES, SCANDAL and GYB.
Day and weekend tickets, with discounts for families and groups, are available here.
Legendary Scottish garage rockers THE PRIMEVALS play a rare London show next week.
Fronted by Michael Rooney, the band formed in Glasgow in 1983, singing to New Rose and coming to prominence on the fertile mid-80s garage scene alongside the likes of THE GUN CLUB, THE FUZZTONES and THE NOMADS.
Despite changes in line-up, recent years have seen an avalanche burst of activity with the release of a string of albums including Heavy War (2012), Tales Of Endless Bliss (2014) and this year’s Dislocation.
The Primevals headline a special Rockaway Beach Hallowe’en night at The Hope & Anchor, Islington on Friday 27 October. Support comes from THE PHOBICS and GO GO CULT. Tickets priced £8 are available here.
Check out The Primevals playing ‘Prairie Chain’ from ’86.
THE RAMONES’ classic third album is to get a deluxe expanded 40th Anniversary reissue next month.
Rocket To Russia was originally released at the height of punk in the autumn of 1977, preceded and followed by the classic singles ‘Sheena Is A Punk Rocker’ and ‘Rockaway Beach’.
Produced by Tony Bongiovi and engineered by Ed Stasium, it was the last Ramones album to feature original drummer Tommy Ramon behind the kit (he would return to produce their next album). Its front cover art reprised their debut’s brick wall motif with a photo by manager Danny Fields, while the rear featured a cartoon by Punk magazine founder John Holmstrom.
Housed in a 12″ x 12″ hardback book, the lavish 40th Anniversary 3CD/1LP reissue will feature both the original mix of the 14-track album, plus a new back-to-basics ‘Tracking Mix’ by Stasium. He explains, “When putting together this new Tracking Mix, I decided to include the versions of ‘I Don’t Care’ and ‘It’s A Long Way Back to Germany,’ since they were recorded during the Rocket To Russia sessions at Mediasound, and are completely different takes that have never been heard before. ‘Sheena’ has been omitted, as it was recorded in a totally different session a few months prior, in-between the Leave Home and Rocket To Russia albums.”
The second disc contains two dozen rare and unreleased recordings, including rough mixes from sessions at Mediasound and The Power Station. There’s also an early version of ‘Needles And Pins’ with Tommy on drums, the B-side single mix of ‘Babysitter’, an alternative version of ‘It’s A Long Way Back To Germany’, with Dee Dee on vocals, an original radio promo with Joey Ramone, and more.
Disc 3 features a complete, previously unreleased, live recording from a show at Glasgow Apollo on 19 December 1977, recorded just days before the show at London’s Rainbow which yielded the classic live album It’s Alive.
Set for release through Rhino on 24 November, it’s available to pre-order here.
Disc One: Original Album
Remastered Original Mixes
1. “Cretin Hop”
2. “Rockaway Beach”
3. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow”
4. “Locket Love”
5. “I Don’t Care”
6. “Sheena Is A Punk Rocker”
7. “We’re A Happy Family”
8. “Teenage Lobotomy”
9. “Do You Wanna Dance?”
10. “I Wanna Be Well”
11. “I Can’t Give You Anything”
13. “Surfin’ Bird”
14. “Why Is It Always This Way?”
40th Anniversary Tracking Mix
15. “Cretin Hop”
16. “Rockaway Beach”
17. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow”
18. “Locket Love”
19. “I Don’t Care” – Version 2
20. “It’s A Long Way Back To Germany” – Version 1
21. “We’re A Happy Family”
22. “Teenage Lobotomy”
23. “Do You Wanna Dance?”
24. “I Wanna Be Well”
25. “I Can’t Give You Anything”
27. “Surfin’ Bird”
28. “Why Is It Always This Way?”
Disc Two: Bonus Material
Mediasound/Power Station Rough Mixes
1. “Why Is It Always This Way?” – Mediasound Rough, Alternate Lyrics *
2. “Rockaway Beach” – Power Station Rough *
3. “I Wanna Be Well” – Power Station Rough *
4. “Locket Love” – Power Station Rough *
5. “I Can’t Give You Anything” – Power Station Rough *
6. “Cretin Hop” – Power Station Rough *
7. “Happy Family” – Power Station Rough *
8. “Ramona” – Mediasound Rough, Alternate Lyrics *
9. “Do You Wanna Dance?” – Mediasound Rough *
10. “Teenage Lobotomy” – Mediasound Rough *
11. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow” – Mediasound Rough *
12. “I Don’t Care” – Version 2, Mediasound Rough *
40th Anniversary Extras
13. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow” – Acoustic Version *
14. “It’s A Long Way Back To Germany” – Version 1-Dee Dee Vocal *
15. “Ramona” – Sweet Little Ramona Pop Mix *
16. “Surfin’ Bird” – Alternate Vocal *
17. “Teenage Lobotomy” – Backing Track *
18. “We’re A Happy Family” – At Home With The Family *
19. “Cretin Hop” – Backing Track *
20. “Needles And Pins” – Demo Version *
21. “Babysitter” – B-Side Version
22. “It’s A Long Way Back To Germany” – B-Side Version
23. Joey RTR Radio Spot Promo *
24. “We’re A Happy Family” – Joey & Dee Dee Dialogue *
Disc Three: Live at Apollo Centre, Glasgow, Scotland (December 19, 1977)
1. “Rockaway Beach” *
2. “Teenage Lobotomy” *
3. “Blitzkrieg Bop” *
4. “I Wanna Be Well” *
5. “Glad To See You Go” *
6. “Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment” *
7. “You’re Gonna Kill That Girl” *
8. “I Don’t Care” *
9. “Sheena Is A Punk Rocker” *
10. “Carbona Not Glue” *
11. “Commando” *
12. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow” *
13. “Surfin’ Bird” *
14. “Cretin Hop” *
15. “Listen To My Heart” *
16. “California Sun” *
17. “I Don’t Wanna Walk Around With You” *
18. “Pinhead” *
19. “Do You Wanna Dance?” *
20. “Chain Saw” *
21. “Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World” *
22. “Now I Wanna Be A Good Boy” *
23. “Judy Is A Punk” *
24. “Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue” *
25. “We’re A Happy Family” *
LP: 40th Anniversary Tracking Mix
1. “Cretin Hop”
2. “Rockaway Beach”
3. “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow”
4. “Locket Love”
5. “I Don’t Care” – Version 2
6. “It’s A Long Way Back To Germany” – Version 1
7. “We’re A Happy Family”
1. “Teenage Lobotomy”
2. “Do You Wanna Dance?”
3. “I Wanna Be Well”
4. “I Can’t Give You Anything”
6. “Surfin’ Bird”
7. “Why Is It Always This Way?”
* Previously Unreleased
Fast-rising Phoenix and LA-based garage rockers THE DARTS have unveiled another new video.
‘Get Messy’ is taken from the band’s new album Me.Ow, their debut for Dirty Water Records, which was released in September.
The band tore a strip off the UK and Europe when they were over in the spring. They’re currently intensively touring the US.
Me.Ow is available to buy here.
JIM JONES & THE RIGHTEOUS MIND have announced a run of UK dates next month, kicking off with a very special London show.
Flushed with the success of their acclaimed debut album Super Natural in the spring, Jones and band have announced the dates in support of new single ‘Something’s Gonna Get Its Hands On You’, which is out on 17 November.
The tour opens at Mirth, Marvel & Maud in Walthamstow, London on Friday 10 November. Support comes from THE FUTURE SHAPE OF SOUND and THE LEFT OUTSIDES. Tickets priced £12.50 are on sale here.
The band then head off round the country with support from fast-rising garage-punk duo DOLLS. Full dates are….
10 Nov – Mirth, Marvel & Maud, London
15 Nov – The Cluny, Newcastle
16 Nov – The Lantern, Halifax
17 Nov – The Soundhouse Leicester
18 Nov – The Forum, Tunbridge Wells
24 Nov – Brain Freeze Festival, Ebbw Vale
Multinational gypsy-ska-punks THE PENNY BLACK REMEDY return next month with their first new album in four years.
Maintaining Dignity In Awkward Situations follows on from 2013’s acclaimed Inhale… Exhale… OK, Now You Can Panic! and was co-produced by MORRISSEY and POLECATS guitarist Boz Boorer at his Portugal studio and in Dubrovnik, Croatia, where the band nucleus of Keith M Thomson and Marijana Hajdarhodzic are now based.
The pair were joined on the sessions by former UK SUBS bassist Paul Slack, guitarist Jeremy Mendonca, violinist Basia Bartz and drummer Jamie Shaw, along with various special guests including Dave Ruffy and Segs Jennings from THE RUTS and ex-CANNIBALS guitarist Jeff Mead.
Originally formed in London in 2004, where they hosted the monthly Bam-A-Lam club nights at the legendary 12 Bar Club. They released their debut album No One’s Fault But Your Own in 2009. Says Thomson of the band’s music, “The fact that most of the songs are about death, lost love, living in a constant state of crippling paranoid fear and/or coping with the daily grind of everyday life is irrelevant. Encouraging people to sing loudly and out of tune about the absurdity of general existence seems to instil a sense of comfort and emotional unity…I think.”
Maintaining Dignity In Awkward Situations is set for release on mono del mundo through Cadiz on 24 November. It’s available to pre-order here.
The band play a special launch party on the day of the album’s release at The Islington, 1 Tolpuddle Street, London. Tickets are available here.
Listen to the single ‘I’d Murder To Have You Back’.
Scots punk’n’roll three-piece THE MURDERBURGERS have a brand new video which they’re launching exclusively with Vive Le Rock!
‘December Ruined Everything’ is taken from the album The 12 Habits Of Highly Defective People, released at the end of last year. The video was filmed and directed by Mark Richards and stars Fraser Murderburger, Jim from PIZZA TRAMP, Fizzy, and a bunch of lovely animals.
The guys have a bunch of dates lined up, including shows in the US and Europe. Catch them on the road at….
Wed 25th Oct – Big Pre-Fest in Little Ybor, FL, USA @ Crowbar
Sun 29th Oct – The Fest, Gainesville, FL, USA @ High Dive
Thu 9th Nov – Namur, Belgium @ Le Temple w/ PEARS
Fri 10th Nov – Rastatt, Germany @ Art Cannrobert
Sat 11th Nov – Untererthal, Germany @ Stabruch Festival
Fri 15th Nov – Euskirchen, Germany @ Altes Casino
Sat 16th Nov – Bonn, Germany @ Bla
Sat 17th Feb – Edinburgh, Scotland @ Banshee Labyrinth w/ Pizza Tramp
London-based street-punks SCANDAL have just released a brand new video.
‘Always’ is a precursor to the band’s third album On A Roll, which is due for release in the New Year through Spirit Of The Streets Records.
It was produced by former VIBRATORS bassist Pat Collier and the video is the work of renowned filmmaker Mark Richards.
Scandal originally came together in Romania in 1998, where, through 2 albums and countless gigs, they became one of the biggest Street-punk bands in the country.
After a 6-year hiatus, three of the original members reconnected in London to have another crack and have since released a brace of EPs. They’re currently on the lookout for a new guitarist, and likely candidates can get in touch via their Facebook page.
Their back catalogue is available now through Bandcamp.
They have gigs lined-up at….
8 Nov – Fiddler’s Elbow, London w/ Haymaker and Royal Oi!
10 Feb – The Fighting Cocks, Kingston ALBUM RELEASE PARTY
13 April – Undercover Festival, Margate
Read our 16-page street-punk special in the latest edition of Vive Le Rock!
Early bird tickets are now on sale for next year’s STRUMMERCAMP festival, which Vive Le Rock is proud to be sponsoring!
For their twelfth festival, Strummercamp is moving to a new venue, Oldham Rugby Union Club, where it will be taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend of 25-27 May.
No line-up details have been announced yet, but with previous bills featuring the likes of THE DAMNED, BILLY BRAGG, THE ALARM, RUTS DC, THE MEMBRANES, DREADZONE, THE BEAT THE SELECTER, THE UNDERTONES, UK SUBS, SPEAR OF DESTINY, THE BLOCKHEADS etc, you’ve got a good idea of what to expect!
Early bird weekend ticket prices range from £55 for adults / £35 for under-18s to £110 for families, while under-12s get in FREE!
Tickets are on sale now here! Get in quick before the prices go up!
Ace Cambridge punks BEVERLEY KILLS return with a new track that they’re launching exclusively with Vive Le Rock!
Check out ‘Intimidation’ here.
The song, which we think has a bit of a ring of Leatherface about it, is due for release on a limited edition split 7″ flexi alongside fellow Cambridge band THE BABY SEALS through R*E*P*E*A*T Records on 20 October via Bandcamp and iTunes.
Coming together back in 2008, Beverley Kills released their debut EP No Cash Value in 2010, followed by their first, self-titled, full-length in 2011, earning an 8/10 review in Vive Le Rock! They hooked up with R*E*P*E*A*T in 2014 for a further EP, the 10″ On The Trail. Over the years they’ve shared stages with the likes of THE SLITS, GBH, GRANT HART, SNUFF, DEADCUTS and THE PRIMITIVES.
Guitarist Kate says, “Well, the song is about witnessing the behaviour of someone who constantly tries to intimidate those close to them and those that live around them. It’s a true story about that, and seeing them get their comeuppance.”
Both bands will play a special launch show at The Blue Moon, Norfolk Street, Cambridge on Saturday 21 October.
Who’s dreaming of a post-punk Xmas?
Taking its name from MAGAZINE’s evergreen ‘Shot By Both Sides’, To The Outside Of Everything is a new box set charting the evolution of post-punk from 1977 to 1981.
Across 5 CDs and over 100 tracks, the anthology brings together a series of classic singles from the scene’s major players like GANG OF FOUR, THE FALL, ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN, PSYCHEDELIC FURS, JOY DIVISION, WIRE, SCRITTI POLITTI, PIL plus seldom heard tracks from a plethora of angular also-rans in the form of THE SKODAS, SPIDER KING, THE DROWNING CRAZE, NEW ASIA, MEDIUM MEDIUM and FIVE OR SIX, drawing from the catalogues of such iconic labels as Fast, Zoo, Rough Trade, Factory etc…
Hear ‘Skank Bloc Bologna’ by Scritti Politti.
The set comes complete with a lavish 48-page booklet including an essay and band history by former NME writer Neil Taylor.
Set for release on 1 December through Cherry Red, To The Outside Of Everything is available to pre-order here.
1. YOUNG SAVAGE – Ultravox!
2. SHOT BY BOTH SIDES – Magazine
3. I AM THE FLY – Wire
4. EAST SHEEN – ‘O’ Level
5. UNITED – Throbbing Gristle
6. T.V.O.D. – The Normal
7. PUPPET LIFE – Punishment Of Luxury
8. BOMBERS – Tubeway Army
9. REPETITION – The Fall
10. PRIVATE PLANE – Thomas Leer
11. CHINA’S ETERNAL – The Tights
12. WAX DOLLS – Fischer-Z
13. SKANK BLOC BOLOGNA – Scritti Politti
14. DAMAGED GOODS (LP VERSION) – Gang Of Four
15. SUMMERTIME BLUES – The Flying Lizards
16. SUICIDE A GO GO – Big In Japan
17. STEADY EDDIE STEADY – Fashion
18. HEARTS IN EXILE –The Homosexuals
19. THIS IS YOUR LIFE – Glaxo Babies
20. SLEEPING GAS (ZOO 7” VERSION) – The Teardrop Explodes
21. NEEDLES AND PILLS – The Passions
22. FAIRYTALE IN THE SUPERMARKET – The Raincoats
1. THE DIGNITY OF LABOUR PT. 1 – Human League
2. LOST IN ROOM – Alternative T.V.
3. THE PICTURES ON MY WALL – Echo And The Bunnymen
4. DEATH DISCO – PiL
5. EINE SYMPHONIE DES GRAUENS – The Monochrome Set
6. COURTS OR WARS – Second Layer
7. IDEOLOGICALLY UNSOUND – Poison Girls
8. TYPICAL GIRLS – The Slits
9. SOLDIER SOLDIER – Spizzenergi
10. YOU – Au Pairs
11. TRANSMISSION – Joy Division
12. BACK TO NATURE –Fad Gadget
13. 16 HOURS – The Passage
14. WE ARE ALL PROSTITUTES – The Pop Group
15. SPIRIT OF YOUTH – The Last Gang
16. THIS WEEK – The Adicts
17. TURN TO RED – Killing Joke
18. SECOND STILL – Modern Eon
19. WE LOVE YOU – The Psychedelic Furs
20. WHITE MICE – Mo-Dettes
21. EMILE ZOLA – The Deep Freeze Mice
22. FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE – Crispy Ambulance
23. SKETCH FOR SUMMER – The Durutti Column
1. LET’S BUILD A CAR – Swell Maps
2. WARM – Family Fodder
3. CARTROUBLE – Adam And The Ants
4. BRIGADE – Clock DVA
5. WARM GIRLS –Girls At Our Best!
6. ICE AGE – The Membranes
7. BOOTS FOR DANCING – Boots For Dancing
8. LULLABY CHEAT – Ludus
9. SWANS ON GLASS – Modern English
10. SQUARES AND TRIANGLES – Thompson Twins
11. MARY MILLINGTON – The Disco Zombies
12. FIRE – Occult Chemistry
13. FINAL ACHIEVEMENT –In Camera
14. GIRLS DON’T COUNT – Section 25
15. HARD OBJECTS – Art Objects
16. RADIO DRILL TIME – Josef K
17. CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT – The The
18. MY MOTHER WAS A FRIEND OF AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE – Blurt
19. THE AFFECTIONATE PUNCH – The Associates
20. THERE GOES CONCORDE AGAIN – …And The Native Hipsters
1. THE FRIEND CATCHER – The Birthday Party
2. PRECINCT – The Cravats
3. IT’S SO DIFFICULT – Dislocation Dance
4. DO DIFFERENT DANCES – Spöön Fazer
5. B. – Colin Newman
6. DISNEY BOYS – Blue Orchids
7. CABBAGE – Mass
8. GET UP AND USE ME – Fire Engines
9. ANONYMITY – Dance Chapter
10. OVERSPREADING ART GENIUS – Blancmange
11. WE ARE ALL ANIMALS – The Diagram Bros.
12. A STILL REFLEX – Repetition
13. CEREMONY – New Order
14. HUNGRY, SO ANGRY – Medium Medium
15. 50 YEARS OF COMPARATIVE WEALTH – Steve Diggle
16. ANOTHER REASON – Five Or Six
17. CLOCK – The Danse Society
18. SOMETIMES I WISH – The Laughing Apple
19. RAINDANCE – The Past Seven Days
20. INVISIBILITY – Eyeless In Gaza
21. IDIOT STRENGTH – The Nightingales
22. NOTHING – My Captains
1. REBEL WITHOUT A BRAIN – Theatre Of Hate
2. I AM THE BISHOP – Notsensibles
3. CENTRAL PROPOSITION – New Asia
4. LIFE IN REVERSE – Marine
5. WATCHING THE HYDROPLANES – Tunnel Vision
6. FADING – Jah Wobble
7. SNAKES AND LADDERS – TV21
8. HAPPY FEELING – The Sinatra’s
9. TRIBES – Soul
10. STORAGE CASE – The Drowning Craze
11. IMAGINATION – Sad Lovers And Giants
12. HU – Dif Juz
13. ANIMALS – Spider King
14. VEGAS – Nico
15. I DON’T WANT TO LIVE WITH MONKEYS – The Higsons
16. I’D LIKE TO SHOOT YOU DOWN – APB
17. NOTHING – René Halkett David Jay
18. STRETCH (7” VERSION) – Maximum Joy
19. AFTERWARDS – Artery
20. LAST WORDS (7” VERSION) – 23 Skidoo
21. EVERYBODY THINKS EVERYBODY ELSE IS DEAD BAD – The Skodas
22. HEART DISEASE – Biting Tongues
23. COUNTRIES – The Reflections
24. RADIO PRAGUE – This Heat
Legendary Suffolk punks THE ADICTS return with their first new album in five years!
The Ipswich band have hooked up with Arising Empire, the punk offshoot of Nuclear Blast Records, for the release of And It Was So!, which follows on from 2012’s All The Young Droogs. The album’s heralded by the new single ‘Picture The Scene’, which is out now.
The band, fronted by charismatic singer Monkey and projecting a Clockwork Orange image, originally formed in 1975, but really came to prominence with the resurgence of punk in 1981 with the release of their debut album Songs Of Praise and subsequent singles ‘Chinese Takeaway’ and ‘Bad Boy’. A major label deal with Sire, a brief name-change to ADX and a dalliance with kids’ TV failed to propel them further, but in more recent years, they’ve become a successful draw in the US and Europe.
And It Was So! is set for release on 17 November and is available to pre-order here.
Texan roots-rocker JESSE DAYTON flies in next month for a tour of the UK and Ireland.
Based in Austin, Dayton made his name as a guitarist playing on albums by outlaw country stars like JOHNNY CASH, WAYLON JENNINGS, KRIS KRISTOFFERSON and WILLIE NELSON, but more recently he’s been seen playing with JOHN DOE and X and opening for SUPERSUCKERS.
He’s also worked extensively on soundtracks for horror films directed by ROB ZOMBIE.
Dayton’s most recent album is The Revealer, released a year ago on his own Hardcharger Records. Check out the lyric video for ‘Holy Ghost Rock’n’Roller’.
Catch Jesse and his band on the road at….
23 Oct – The Maze, Nottingham
24 Oct – The Greystones. Sheffield
Oct 25 – Stereo, Glasgow
26 Oct – Brudendell Social Club, Leeds
27 Oct – Gosforth Civic Center, Newcastle
28 Oct – Cleere’s, Kilkenny
30 Oct – Errgle Inn, Belfast
31 Oct – Whelan’s Halloween Party, Dublin
1 Nov – Railway, Winchester
2 Nov – Borderline, London
MICHAEL MONROE has announced a handful of UK dates at the end of next month.
The ex-HANOI ROCKS legend, who released a double compilation The Best earlier this year through Spinefarm, is playing three dates in the run up to his sold-out show at the Planet Rockstock Festival at Trecco Bay, South Wales on 3 December.
The full dates are…
Thurs Nov 30th: Manchester Rebellion
Fri Dec 1st: London The Dome
Sat Dec 2nd: Birmingham O2 Institute 3
Sun Dec 3rd: Planet Rockstock Festival
Support in Manchester, London and Birmingham comes from ROLE MODELS. Tickets go on sale this Friday from all the usual outlets.